Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Rosacea, Applying Skin Care?

In my teenage years, I had non-scarring pustular acne that resolved in my early twenties. I was happy it healed without any problem. I have no other skin or medical diseases.

My father was an alcoholic who had an enlarged nose and reddened cheeks with numerous spiderlike blood vessels. I thought it could be a reason of my rosacea. Could genes influence this disorder? Don't know yet.

I know that my skin is easily irritated with cosmetics and ordinary cleansers and i experience worsened flushing. My daily skin routine is very simple using only water and soap but i am going to change it soon because i found out special skin care products for rosacea. These products carry special ingredients that help not to irritate the skin more that already irritated with rosacea.

I learned that rosacea symptoms can be kept to a minimum with applying special care for your skin. First two things I have to use to care for my skin are cleansers and sunscreens. Cleaning the skin and protecting yourself from sun are very important for those who have rosacea (according to my doctor friend). Since I'm not exposed to sun too much in these days, first i will try a rosacea cleanser.

In the next post , I am gonna write which cleanser I bought and the results..

See you!

No comments:

Post a Comment